TERMS AND CONDITIONS of ENTRY
ABN 59 217 957 665
TICKETS ISSUED BY THE AUSTRALIAN ART DECO FESTIVAL LEETON COMMITTEE (‘THE COMMITTEE’) ARE SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS:
- No refund or exchange will be given on any ticket except in accordance with The Committee’s Code of Practice and/or where expressly stated on the ticket.
- Tickets purchased may not, without the prior written consent of The Committee be resold, packaged or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions or trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods and services. If a ticket is sold or used in breach of these conditions, the bearer of the ticket may be denied admission, or other action taken, without guarantee of a refund. Entry may also be denied if tickets are not purchased from an authorised point of sale.
- Opening hours are from 9:00 am (8:30 am for pre-paid purchasers) to 4:30 pm Saturday and Sunday.
- The daily program for activities within the Australian Art Deco Festival Leeton is provisional and subject to change as necessary without notice due to adverse weather conditions or other operational reasons. The right is reserved to cancel, withdraw, postpone, relocate or reschedule activities and there is no guarantee of viewing any or all scheduled activities.
- The Australian Art Deco Festival Leeton is an “All Weather Event”, except in such case of a “Force Majeure” defined event or an act of violence would the Committee cancel the event
- Our costumed staff/volunteers/re-enactors may exhibit interwar period behaviours and prejudices.
- Whilst at the Festival, visitors are responsible for the security of their own property. All bags may be subject to search and visitors are reminded to not leave bags or packages unattended at any time.
- Images of the Festival taken with a camera, mobile phone or other wireless device cannot be used for any purpose other than for private and domestic purposes, without prior written consent of the Committee and payment of any imposed fee. Images cannot be sold, licensed, published or otherwise commercially exploited.
- Making or distributing of broadcasts, commentary or news reports by any means in any format or media including any such commentary made by mobile phone or other wireless device is not permitted without prior consent of The Committee.
- Any personal information (except postcodes or country of departure) communicated to The Committee by the purchaser is collected for the purposes of assisting with lost tickets. Further, The Committee may also use such personal information for direct marketing purposes in its promotion of the Festival, the Roxy Theatre or associated entities and related products. Where such use is made the purchaser will be given prior opportunity to ‘opt out’ of receiving further direct marketing material.
- Visitors consent to being photographed, filmed and recorded as visitors to the Festival and consent to the use of any such film, image or recording at the discretion of The Committee.
RESTRICTED & PROHIBITED ITEMS
- For the comfort and safety of visitors, staff and
volunteers the following items are not permitted to be brought into the
- Animals (except service animals, such as assistance dogs & police dogs),
- Any item that could be used as a weapon or a replica weapon (unless by an authorised re-enactor or persons authorised in writing),
- Vehicles of any kind including bicycles, motorcycles, scooters, (except wheelchairs, electric wheelchairs & mobility scooters), skateboards, and roller blades/skates.
- Fireworks, frisbees and helium balloons.
- Large flags, musical instruments (unless by prior consent),
- Amplification equipment,
- Unauthorised advertising material or flyers,
- Laser pointers,
- Distress signals,
- Whistles or loud hailers,
- Drones (includes items also defined as UAVs or RPAs by the CASA rules). This includes operating the aircraft from anywhere in Chelmsford Place
- Dangerous goods or any other item prohibited by legislation.
- The Australian Art Deco Festival Leeton is a non-smoking venue. Visitors are only permitted to smoke in designated areas within the festival grounds.
- Adults must not leave dependent children unattended.
The Festival (including all parts of the venue, including parking areas) is conducted in accordance with an appropriate Liquor Permit. Persons seeking entry to the Festival are advised that:
- They are entering a licensed area;
- Intoxicated persons will not be permitted to enter;
- Intoxicated persons will be removed from the Festival;
- Alcoholic beverages must not be taken into or from the
- Checking procedures will apply to prevent persons possessing liquor from entering;
- It is an offence for minors to purchase or consume alcohol;
- It is an offence to sell to or supply minors with alcohol;
- Liquor is only to be consumed in the permit areas;
- Persons supplying alcohol to minors will be reported to police; and
- Penalties apply under the Liquor Act and Regulations.
PUBLIC SAFETY WARNING:
Visitors may experience some aspects of the Festival that are potentially hazardous including activities associated with close proximity of vintage vehicles, street performers, , uneven and potentially slippery gravelled surfaces and loud noises. Many areas of the Festival are exposed to direct sunlight and heat. Visitors are required to take appropriate care of their hydration and sun protection.
The Committee does not take responsibility for personal injury, loss or damage however caused, including any negligence (but not gross negligence), breach of duty, default or omission on the part of The Committee’s staff, volunteers, contractors or agents.
Appointed Officers of The Committee reserve the right, with reasonable cause, to refuse entry to any person or remove any person from the Festival without any entitlement to a refund and in compliance with the Tort of Trespass, Council regulations and State and Commonwealth statutes.
Customer Service Statement
If for any reason we are unable to process your order please contact us and we will notify you within 2 business days to begin the resolution process.
Customer Service Policy
The Australian Art Deco Festival Leeton is committed to providing exceptional customer service and quality events and opportunities. We endeavour to make sure that all events and opportunities listed on our website are up to date and pricing is true and correct. In the event that we are unable to process your booking request we will notify you within 2 business days to arrange an alternative processing option.
Please choose carefully. We do not give refunds if you simply change your mind or make a wrong decision. In the event of illness, where a doctor’s certificate is received prior to the event, consideration will be given to a partial refund.
The Australian Art Deco Festival Leeton complies with these above requirements, which have succeeded the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth) and the guidelines developed by the Australian Privacy Commissioner.
The Australian Art Deco Festival Leeton is dedicated to keeping your details private. Any information, we collect in relation to you, is kept strictly secured. Information about individuals may be collected by the website or from written material provided to the Australian Art Deco Festival Leeton such as by completion of a request form at Leeton Shire Council. We will only record your email address if you send us a message or complete the form at Council reception desk. It will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it and will not be added to a mailing list unless you have provided it to us for that purpose. We will not use your email address for any other purpose and will not disclose it without your consent.
Whenever you use our web site, or any other web site, the computer on which the web pages are stored (the Web server) needs to know the network address of your computer so that it can send the requested web pages to your Internet browser. The unique network address of your computer is called its “IP address,” and is sent automatically each time you access any Internet site. From a computer’s IP address, it is possible to determine the general geographic location of that computer, but otherwise it is anonymous.
We do not keep a record of the IP addresses from which users access our site except where you have specifically provided us with information about yourself, in which case we also record your IP address for security purposes. An example of this would be when proceeding to a checkout to finalise an order you may wish to make. After completing the form provided, your IP address will be stored along with a transaction number that allows us to track your order.
The Australian Art Deco Festival Leeton collects name, address and email address information about friends and users of the event and people who have attended its events or who have visited our online sites and networks. Private information collected by Leeton Shire Council is used to keep you informed of events and festivals, to provide tickets to functions or answer inquiries.
If you choose not to provide the information requested, we may not be able to accommodate your request for tickets or information.
You may access the personal information the Australian Art Deco Festival Leeton holds on you by contacting [email protected]
You may unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe button included on our emarketing correspondence or by emailing your unsubscribe request to [email protected]
The Australian Art Deco Festival Leeton will only send you material, which you have indicated you are interested in receiving.
Contact Council at:
Telephone: (02) 6953 0911
Mail or in person: 23-25 Chelmsford Place, Leeton, NSW 2705
When purchasing from the Australian Art Deco Festival Leeton your financial details are passed through a secure server using the latest 256-bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology. The 256-bit SSL encryption is approximated to take at least one trillion years to break, and is the industry standard. If you have any questions regarding our security policy, please contact our customer support centre [email protected]